Autumn may be on the horizon, but summer's not over yet. So grab a frozen drink or two and join us on August 19 for the #HPSummer Twitter Party. If you've joined one of our Twitter parties before, than you know the drill: we'll be chatting about all things summer, like grilling recipes and vacation ideas, and giving away a slew of great prizes along the way.
And if this is your first Twitter party, don't worry: we've put together this handy guide to get you started.
This year, our friends Dietz & Watson will be joining us to share some of their entertaining tips and give away some awesome prizes, like gift packs full of Dietz & Watson meat products, condiments, grilling accessories and more.
In addition, we'll be handing out some House Party swag of our own and some other great prizes, including a $500 Visa gift card to help you throw an end-of-summer bash for all of your friends. We'll be giving away prizes to random participants, as well as to winners in a special trivia section, and we'll be awarding prizes the whole hour, so plan to stick around!
- If you're new to Twitter: set up your account as soon as you can and start to use it. This will prevent your brand new account from being flagged. Twitter has important rules and guidelines to keep its community safe from spam and dangerous or offensive comments, and a brand new account that's tweeting at a high rate during a Twitter Party might get flagged unnecessarily.
- And if you want to learn more about the basics of Twitter, they have a handy FAQ on their site
- Follow us at @HousePartyFun and follow Dietz & Watson at @DietzAndWatson.
- Make sure you're a registered House Party member. (Otherwise, you aren't eligible to win an #HPSummer Twitter Party prize.)
- Also, review the address associated with your House Party account and update it if you need to. You'll be happy you did this if you win and have a prize headed in your direction!
- Read our Twitter Party FAQ so you'll know what to expect.
- Check out the #HPSummer Twitter Party page! It's the easiest way to follow along with the party. You'll see House Party's tweets, all tweets using the #HPSummer hashtag, and a place to write and send tweets of your own.
- Spread the word - the more the merrier!
- It's easy: just hit the "Tweet this" button at the top of this blog post so your followers can see what we're up to and join in on the fun!
So, in summary:
What: #HPSummer Twitter Party When: Tuesday, August 19th at 8:00 pm EST Where: Here! Who: @HousePartyFun and you (with prizes sponsored by @DietzAndWatson!) How: Like this. We can't wait to see you there!
Contributor Bio: Jared works in House Party's Business Intelligence department, where he prepares reports and has other PowerPoint-related fun. He's also the beauty behind the @housepartyfun Twitter account (while Sarah Cicuto is the brains!). Originally from Maine, he now lives in Park Slope, Brooklyn with far too many cats. In his spare time he enjoys books, movies, music and witty Twitter banter.
His party advice? Get more ice. You know you're going to need it.