Getting ready to celebrate Super Bowl XLIX
We are right in the middle of the NFL Playoffs and only about 3 weeks away from the biggest kickoff of the year! While we wait to see which two teams will be meeting in Arizona on February 1st, why not start planning how you'll spend the big day, no matter who you're routing for?
How to celebrate if...
You're a host:
- Save time: plan the menu ahead of time, try to incorporate slow cookers to save time and ask guests to bring a dish or dessert to contribute to the feast.
- Decorate! Spruce up the house with some fun football decorations.
- Open the tailgate tons! Get out those lawn games and start the party early with some backyard games and tailgating to bring the game to your own backyard.
You're attending a Super Bowl Party:
- Bring a dish! Buffalo anything is a good bet (meatballs, dip, pizza, cauliflower, etc.), a themed dessert will surely be enjoyed (football-shaped brownies, anyone?), or pick any of these 101 Best Super Bowl Recipes. Or try my crowd-pleasing 'dip' recipe.
- Bring a game! Chances are your host is pretty busy preparing food and making sure the house is Super Bowl XLIX party-ready, so offering to bring some games may be very appreciated! Depending on the crowd, you can print out the traditional Super Bowl Squares and/or suggest something like "Rate the commercials." Check out these ideas.
You're not as into the football part of Super Bowl Sunday:
- If you're an animal lover, apply to be a host of the Puppy Bowl Ruff vs. Fluff House Party. The adorable Puppy Bowl doesn't conflict with the actual game (starts at 3 pm EST), so you can kick off your party early and bask in precocious puppies.
- As you probably know by now, Super Bowl isn't ALL about football - the commercials are sometimes more talked about than the game and the half time show is always a crowd pleaser. Katy Perry is the main performer this year and she puts on a great show, and with commercials running over $4 million per 30-second spot this year, there are sure to be some awesome ads.
- Get into the food! It's not every Sunday that there's an excuse to indulge in these goodies. Try out a new recipe (here are 30 amazing slider recipes to get you started) and spend the day getting praise on your great snack instead of trying to keep up on the endless amount of running back yards-after-first-contact stats.
How do you plan on spending Super Bowl XLIX Sunday? Share any fun ideas, recipes, or games here!
Image courtesy of mcsixth