For nearly all of us, music is truly the soundtrack of our lives. Hearing a song can instantly bring you back to a time or an event when it was played. All of us at House Party have different music preferences and if you were to walk around our offices you'd certainly see many of us with our earbuds in, or headphones on, as we work. My music tastes are a mash-up of a lot of different music genres: Classic Rock, The 80's (I know way too much about 80s music) and Alternative (everything from 80s Punk Alternative to modern Alternative).
The following is a personal playlist that I'm currently listening to in the office:
1. Switchfoot - Vice Verses - Afterlife: Great lyrics
2. U2 - Joshua Tree - Red Hill Mining Town: I've had this album as a record and a tape and it has the distinction of being the first CD I ever purchased
3. Muse - Resistance - The Resistance: This is a great band with an 80s retro feel
4. Alanis Morrissette - Alanis Morrissette: The Collection - Crazy: A great cover of Seal's original
5. R.E.M. - Green - Orange Crush: Takes me back to my college days (or daze)
6. Young the Giant - Young the Giant - My Body: I stumbled upon this album and love it
7. Nirvana - MTV Unplugged - All Apologies: Great acoustic version and Kurt's gritty voice
8. JD Fortune - Rockstar Inxs - The Letter: A modern remix of a Joe Cocker classic
9. Kings of Leon - Only By the Night - Crawl: The whole album is great - I always love blasting this song, it reminds me of some sounds from the great Lenny Kravitz
10. Jimmy Buffett - Boats, Beaches & Ballads - The Weather is Here, Wish you were Beautiful: As a true Parrothead, no listening experience is complete with some Buffett
11. Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run - Tenth Avenue Freeze Out: I may have been late to the Bruce bandwagon, but trust me, I'm catching up quickly
12. Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - The Cave: I'm not embarrassed to say I've been caught in my car belting out this song
13. Morrissey - Live at Earls Court - How Soon is Now: I have flashbacks to trying to dance to this in the 80s, I'm still working on it...
14. The Killers - Hot Fuss - Somebody Told Me: This song normally ends up on my workout mix based on the beat but it certainly rounds-out the mix on a high note
I hope you like the playlist and find a couple of gems to enjoy in there. And, of course, be sure to let us know what you're currently listening to in the comments!
[author] [author_image timthumb='on']#[/author_image] [author_info]Chris is a Senior Marketing Manager at House Party, working with our clients on the development and execution of their House Party campaigns. He lives in Norwalk, CT with his wife, 2 kids and now 2 adopted shelter dogs. Chris is an avid sports fanatic and bleeds Yankees pinstripes; he loves music especially the 80's and Jimmy Buffett; he's the resident expert on LOST; and he's very active in serving his local community. Most importantly to House Party, Chris is master chef of our office pancake breakfasts. A little know fact about Chris: growing up he wanted to be a cartoonist and a comedian.[/author_info] [/author]