In case you didn't know, May 4th is the unofficial holiday celebration of all things Star Wars. May 4th is called Star Wars Day because of a common pun spoken on this day taken from the famous phrase "May the Force be with you." A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... The moment these words appeared on the movie theater screen in 1977, the seven year-old me became hooked on all things Star Wars. Throughout the years, Star Wars has always been part of my life - from wondering what would happen to Han Solo as he was frozen in carbonite, to buying the movies first on VHS and then DVD, to seeing Darth Vader put on the helmet for the first time and even to the moment I introduced Star Wars to my kids.
As I'm writing this at my desk, I have the likes of Darth Vader, Chewbacca and Bobba Fett reading this blog over my shoulder and it's only a matter of time before my R2 D2 text notification rings out from my phone to distract me once again. So who better to give you some ideas as to how to celebrate May 4th:
- Watch all of the Star Wars movies - big question do you start with Episode 4 (1977) or start with Episode 1 (1999) - an epic Star Wars geek debate - I choose Episode 4
- Download the Light Saber App to your mobile phone and slice your way through your commute or battle your officemates in true Star Wars style
- Breakout the Princess Leia hairdo - it's a pop icon must - from Friends to That 70's Show, it's instantly recognizable and tugs on the heartstrings of all Star Wars fans
- Change your Facebook, Twitter and social profile pics to something Star Wars
- Dust off those Star Wars video games and play them - my favorite is the Lego Star Wars game (Yes, I did buy them for the kids to play...wink)
- Lastly, if you-re lucky enough to be like Barney from How I Met Your Mother and have a Stormtrooper outfit, wear it proudly - chances are you won't go unnoticed
Good luck celebrating the 4th. I need to go and as the sounds of R2 D2 from my iPhone announce I have a meeting to go to.
But let me be the first to say "May the 4th be with you"!
How are you planning to celebrate May 4th?
[author] [author_image timthumb='on']#[/author_image] [author_info]Chris is a Campaign Strategy Director at House Party, working with our clients on the development and execution of their House Party campaigns. He lives in Norwalk, CT with his wife, 2 kids and now 2 adopted shelter dogs. Chris is an avid sports fanatic and bleeds Yankees pinstripes; he loves music especially the 80's and Jimmy Buffett; he's the resident expert on LOST; and he's very active in serving his local community. Most importantly to House Party, Chris is master chef of our office pancake breakfasts. A little know fact about Chris: growing up he wanted to be a cartoonist and a comedian.[/author_info] [/author]