So long, farewell, auf weidersehen, goodbye! We can’t believe it, but it’s already time to say goodbye to another year. 2016 is definitely a year for the books!
Here are some of my favorite moments from 2016:
1. Netflix gave us more episodes of Gilmore Girls: If you’re in your mid 20s like me, you spent afternoons afterschool watching Rory and Lorelai wander along Stars Hollow.
2. In September, Giant Pandas were taken off the Endangered Species list. (OK- this one is pretty big, am I right?)
3. Pokémon saw a resurgence as Pokémon Go.. gotta catch ‘em all!
4. The tiger population has increased! There are now 3,890 tigers in the world, which is up from 3,200 in 2010!
5. A plane went around the word without a drop of fuel.
The first “round-theworld” flight by a solar powered plane was Solar Impulse 2. It started the journey in March 2015, and just finished this month.
Well, there you have it- some awesome events have happened in 2016. When you think things might be down, it’s always great to take a step back and count the great things that are happening every day.
We can’t wait to see what 2017 brings us, and we hope you’re excited too. Leave a comment with some of your favorite moments from 2016!